Sunday, May 29, 2011

Still In Kansas City

My plan was for my first post to be in Africa, that isn't working out so well. The original plan was for my entire team of 12 to leave last Thursday and arrive in Togo on Friday. It's now Sunday night and I'm writing from Kansas City. My flight has now been canceled twice and the original team of 12 that was going to fly out together has now been reduced to 2. I'm staying in a cheap hotel by the airport and if all goes according to plan I'll be flying out tomorrow at noon. It was decided that I would be one of the two to stay behind and fly out of the U.S. last. I don't know why it worked out like that, looking back I'm glad that it did. My staying behind means that 10 people have more of a chance to rest. I guess someone has to take one for the team and it might as well be me.

I would be lying if I didn't say that I wasn't at first upset with the whole situation. However, I'm only going to be arriving six hours after the last team, I'll still have time to rest before I start orientation, and this whole process has taught me to accept things as they are and move on to the next thing. This experience has reminded me that my plan is not God's plan and that there's always something good to be found in seemingly bad situations.

Please continue to pray for my team and me. We've now been split into three. The first team is in Ethiopia, the second team is on their way to Ghana, and the third is still cooped up in a cheap hotel in Kansas City. Hopefully my next post is in Togo, but we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. I love you and will be praying for God's guidance and protection. Stay safe and love on those kids, Bubba!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking you're out of the country forsure by now! miss ya but happy for you that your well on your way. anxious to read your next post. love you, son. momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you and we are excited to hear all about your adventures!!! Every time you come to my mind I pray for you!! Stay safe and I know those kids will see Jesus through your love...I do!!! Love you, Gram

    ReplyDelete